On Monday 22nd November, PC Sarah Duffton visited the school to deliver Internet Safety to the children. This was followed by a parent, governor and staff session on Wednesday 24th November. It was lovely to resume the face to face visits with the community police officer as the input made by this service around safeguarding is invaluable.
As follow up work the children have produced their own online safety leaflets which will be forwarded to PC Duffton in line with GDPR regulations, for her to use in future sessions.
Top 10 Internet Safety Rules & What Not to Do Online
- Keep Personal Information Professional and Limited
- Keep Your Privacy Settings On
- Practice Safe Browsing
- Make Sure Your Internet Connection is Secure. Use a Secure VPN Connection
- Be Careful What You Download
- Choose Strong Passwords
- Make Online Purchases From Secure Sites
- Be Careful What You Post
- Be Careful Who You Meet Online
- Keep Your Antivirus Program Up To Date